Frequently Asked Questions
We want to make sure everyone has a fun and easy experience at Quibblo, so we've put together this list of Frequently Asked Questions to help you. If you need help or have a question, see if your question is answered here. If not, you can also contact Quibblo by email. Please review our Qustoms below before proceeding to the FAQ.
The Quibblo community has a sense of propriety, a code of conduct, and some customs that should be observed when interacting within the community. Following our Qustoms ensures that everyone gets access to quality content that they can enjoy. This guide is a work in progress and may be updated from time to time at the request of the Quibblonians.
Go For It!
- Strive to create quality content. This means that your quizzes test us on a variety of topics, and your stories are longer narratives, fictitious or true, about people or events.
- Use correct capitalization, spelling, and grammar. This makes your posts easier for everyone to understand (and makes them look nice). Leave out emoticons and txt speak, please.
- Title your quiz or story in a descriptive manner. If you're posting a quiz about Doctor Who, don't just title it "Doctor Who." Phrase it as a question that the quiz is getting at, like: "Who is the best 'Doctor' from Doctor Who?"
- Rate, rate, rate! Rate the quizzes you take and stories you read (and take a look at the 'Recently Created' section). This will help the good stuff rise to the top and the bad stuff disappear.
- Leave helpful remarks. Quibblonians appreciate encouraging comments. If you know of a way to improve someone's quiz or story, leave a polite comment to that effect.
- Use the 'thumbs.' Click on the "yay" (thumbs up) and "nay" (thumbs down) buttons next to comments to let everyone know whether you agree or not. Use them conscientiously, though, not simply to knock someone you don't like.
- Be prudent when publishing stories. If you want to post something very personal (about you, about a friend, or to request for users to add a friend), mark it as "private" before you publish it (click on the "Advanced" link under "Settings"), then invite your friends to view it.
- Report inappropriate behavior. If you receive a message from a user who is either hitting on you or giving you an email address to contact them, ignore the message and report them immediately. Don't bother telling them off or saying how creepy they are. In a private message, just give Quibblo the link to the user's profile, so that account can be investigated and/or terminated.
- Do not post spam comments or chain letters on users' quizzes, stories, or profiles, and click the 'report' link if you come across any.
- Do not blast other users with invites. They may just end up blocking you. Try to keep your posts below five a day.
- Do not engage in fights or leave rude or hateful comments. If a fellow Quibblonian is doing something you don't like, ignore them or use the 'block' link. If this person's behavior is harassing or inappropriate, use the 'report' link and give your reason.
- Do not pretend to be another person, such as another Quibblonian or a celebrity. This usually results in lots of unnecessary negative comments.
- Do not post other users' content as your own. Our members spend a lot of time creating quizzes and stories and don't appreciate when others take them as their own.
- Do not create dramatic personal posts in order to gain attention. There are online resources than can help much better than Quibblo in times of crisis. Please take advantage of our list of mental health resources.
If you have a feature suggestion or would like to vote on feature suggestions, please visit What features should Quibblo add for Quibblonians?
If you're experiencing technical difficulties with the site, send a polite private message to the users Quibblo or Qlockwork with explicit details. Do not post a story or quiz about it. This fills the story and quiz lists with unnecessary content.
- How do I make a quiz?
- Click on the Create Link at the top of the page, choose Quiz and simply follow the instructions. There are five types of quizzes to choose from. A poll is a single opinion question with no right or wrong answer. A scored quiz contains any number of questions, all of which have right or wrong answers, and tests knowledge and trivia. A survey is like a poll, but with multiple questions. A personality quiz has multiple questions that help to determine what type of person you are for a certain topic. A question is an open ended question where people can write in answers.
- How do I write a story?
- Click on the Create Link at the top of the page, choose Story and simply follow the instructions. There are three types of stories to choose from. A story with one or more chapters written by one person. A group story has many chapters, written by more than one friend. The original author decides who writes each chapter. A chain story also is written by many different people, but each person writes one chapter and passes it on to a new writer.
- How do I add images to my quiz or story?
- You currently have the option to add an image to the title of any of your quizzes or stories. If you are creating a personality test, you also have the option of uploading an image for each possible result. Just click on the button to add an image, choose the image from your hard drive and save it. You will have a chance to preview your image and change it if necessary. If you have trouble uploading an image, the file size could be too large. Inappropriate images that violate the terms of service will be removed.
- How do I edit a quiz?
- To edit a quiz, simply navigate to the quiz and look for the yellow bar with the "edit" link at the top of the page. Please note, that you may only edit a public quiz within 20 minutes of creating. However, if you create a private quiz by selecting Do Not List on Quibblo under the Advanced Options in Step 3, you can edit the quiz until you're ready to publish it, as long as you have less than 10 responses. Editing a quiz will clear all existing responses.
- How do I edit a story?
- To edit a story, simply navigate to the item and look for the yellow bar with the "edit" link at the top of the page. You can edit a story at any time. The author of each chapter can also edit that chapter.
- How do I delete a quiz or story?
- To delete a quiz or story, navigate to your profile page, and next to each quiz or story in your "Recently Created" list is a delete link.
- How can I tell who has taken my quiz or read my story?
- We do not currently show a list of users that have taken a specific quiz or read a specific story.
- How do I re-take a quiz I've already taken?
- Once you take a quiz, your results are saved. Unless it's a personality quiz, you can't take that quiz again.
- How can I get more people to take my quiz?
- Why don't you share your quizzes with your Quibblo friends? After you make a quiz, you can select friends from your list and send them a quiz invitation, following the instructions at the bottom of the page. Or, if you have friends outside of Quibblo, you can simply send them the url of your quiz.
- How do I post my quiz on my site?
- Each quiz has a widget that you can post on your blog or site. Go to the "Post" box on the right-hand side, where you can grab code to paste into your blog, website, or social network profile. Depending on where you want to put the quiz, you may even be able to enter your login info and post it directly to your page without leaving Quibblo.
- How can I edit my profile?
- To edit your profile, log into your Quibblo account, and click on "My Profile" at the top of the page. Once on your profile page, look for the "Edit My Profile" link under your profile image. From the edit screen, you will be able to change and update your profile information.
- My age is wrong! How do I fix it?
- Your age is locked in when you register. It's based on the year you selected as your birth year when you registered and cannot be changed.
- How can I delete my account?
- You want to what???? Well, if you MUST leave us, you can delete your account in the edit profile section by clicking "Delete my account" link at the bottom of the page.
- I want to create a new account, but it says there is already an account for this email address.
- When you create an account you can only use one username per email. Even when you delete your account, your email is saved in our database. If you want the other account, you should use another email.
We can reactivate your account if you provide us, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
- How do I add an image to my profile?
- To upload a profile photo and give your profile some personality, go to your profile page, and click the "Upload My Profile Image" link. If you wish to change your existing profile image, go to the same place, and look for the "Update My Profile Image" link.
- Can I customize my profile page background?
- Yes you can! You can access our free profile themes by going to your profile page, and clicking the "Theme My Profile" link. Select a theme to apply it to your profile, or make your own theme! Look out for more themes as we make them.
- How do I add friends?
- To get new friends on Quibblo, you should send people friend requests. If you take someone's quiz, and you like it, you can click on their username, which will take you to their profile. When you are viewing their profile, you'll see a link that says "Send Friend Request". If you click on this link, they will receive the request. If they accept your request, then you are friends.
- How can I message other users?
- To message other users on Quibblo, simply click on their username, which will take you to their profile. From there, click the "send message" link and start communicating with other members!
- How do I accept Friend Requests?
- Just go to your Messages/Inbox and open up each Friend Request email. Make sure you click on the words Friend Request. Then you can choose, accept, or quietly decline.
- Is Quibblo free?
- Yes! Quibblo is free.
- Who can join Quibblo?
- Anyone age 13 or older with a valid email address can join Quibblo. We are not able to allow people under the age of 13 to create or maintain memberships with us.
- Who is the Quibblo user named "Quibblo"?
- This is the official Quibblo administrator profile. New users receive a welcome message from him. Every new user is Quibblo's friend automatically. Users who violate the terms of service may receive a warning from him. Quibblo can receive messages just like any other user. Quibblo may reply to certain messages sent to him, although it may not always be possible for Quibblo to read all of his mail. Learn more about him in this quiz.
- What do I do if another Quibblo user writes something inappropriate?
- If another user's quiz or comment contains offensive or adult language, you can report it as offensive, and it will be reviewed by Quibblo staff. If another user sends you inappropriate or unwanted Quibblo messages, you can choose to block this user, which means they will no longer be able to send you messages. You can block this person from sending you messages from this user in your mailbox. The next time you receive a message click on Block messages from "username" in the bottom corner of the messages. You can also delete comments this user has left on your profile page.
You can unblock a user at any time by going to My Profile. Click the Friends sub-nav link, there should be a link to your blocked friends, at the top of the friends tile box. (For example, it might read "You have blocked 1 user", with "1 user" being a clickable link).
- How do I become a featured member?
- Featured members are selected based on the quality of their quizzes and stories. Please keep in mind, only members who comply with our terms of service can be featured.