Frequently Asked Questions
We want to make sure everyone has a fun and easy experience at Quibblo, so we've put together this list of Frequently Asked Questions to help you. If you need help or have a question, see if your question is answered here. If not, you can also contact Quibblo by email. Please review our Qustoms below before proceeding to the FAQ.
The Quibblo community has a sense of propriety, a code of conduct, and some customs that should be observed when interacting within the community. Following our Qustoms ensures that everyone gets access to quality content that they can enjoy. This guide is a work in progress and may be updated from time to time at the request of the Quibblonians.
Go For It!
- Strive to create quality content. This means that your quizzes test us on a variety of topics, and your stories are longer narratives, fictitious or true, about people or events.
- Use correct capitalization, spelling, and grammar. This makes your posts easier for everyone to understand (and makes them look nice). Leave out emoticons and txt speak, please.
- Title your quiz or story in a descriptive manner. If you're posting a quiz about Doctor Who, don't just title it "Doctor Who." Phrase it as a question that the quiz is getting at, like: "Who is the best 'Doctor' from Doctor Who?"
- Rate, rate, rate! Rate the quizzes you take and stories you read (and take a look at the 'Recently Created' section). This will help the good stuff rise to the top and the bad stuff disappear.
- Leave helpful remarks. Quibblonians appreciate encouraging comments. If you know of a way to improve someone's quiz or story, leave a polite comment to that effect.
- Use the 'thumbs.' Click on the "yay" (thumbs up) and "nay" (thumbs down) buttons next to comments to let everyone know whether you agree or not. Use them conscientiously, though, not simply to knock someone you don't like.
- Be prudent when publishing stories. If you want to post something very personal (about you, about a friend, or to request for users to add a friend), mark it as "private" before you publish it (click on the "Advanced" link under "Settings"), then invite your friends to view it.
- Report inappropriate behavior. If you receive a message from a user who is either hitting on you or giving you an email address to contact them, ignore the message and report them immediately. Don't bother telling them off or saying how creepy they are. In a private message, just give Quibblo the link to the user's profile, so that account can be investigated and/or terminated.
- Do not post spam comments or chain letters on users' quizzes, stories, or profiles, and click the 'report' link if you come across any.
- Do not blast other users with invites. They may just end up blocking you. Try to keep your posts below five a day.
- Do not engage in fights or leave rude or hateful comments. If a fellow Quibblonian is doing something you don't like, ignore them or use the 'block' link. If this person's behavior is harassing or inappropriate, use the 'report' link and give your reason.
- Do not pretend to be another person, such as another Quibblonian or a celebrity. This usually results in lots of unnecessary negative comments.
- Do not post other users' content as your own. Our members spend a lot of time creating quizzes and stories and don't appreciate when others take them as their own.
- Do not create dramatic personal posts in order to gain attention. There are online resources than can help much better than Quibblo in times of crisis. Please take advantage of our list of mental health resources.
If you have a feature suggestion or would like to vote on feature suggestions, please visit What features should Quibblo add for Quibblonians?
If you're experiencing technical difficulties with the site, send a polite private message to the users Quibblo or Qlockwork with explicit details. Do not post a story or quiz about it. This fills the story and quiz lists with unnecessary content.
- How do I make a quiz?
- Click on the Create tab at the top of the page, choose Quiz and simply follow the instructions. There are five types of quizzes to choose from. A poll is a single opinion question with no right or wrong answer. A scored quiz contains any number of questions, all of which have right or wrong answers, and tests knowledge and trivia. A survey is like a poll, but with multiple questions. A personality quiz has multiple questions that help to determine what type of person you are for a certain topic. A question is an open-ended question where people can write in answers.
- How do I write a story?
- Click on the Create Link at the top of the page, choose Story and simply follow the instructions. There are three types of stories to choose from. A story with one or more chapters written by one person. A group story has many chapters, written by more than one friend. The original author decides who writes each chapter. A chain story is also written by many different people, but each person writes one chapter and passes it on to a new writer.
- Can I use bold and italics in my stories and comments?
- Yes. Take a look at http://blog.quibblo.com/2010/11/09/wiki-formatting-on-quizzes-and-stories/ to find out how.
- Can I use non-English characters, such as foreign accents, in my stories?
- We can't guarantee that non-English characters will display correctly on Quibblo but they generally do if you follow these steps:
Even though it may not preview correctly, the published story should look just fine. If you find that the characters aren't displaying correctly, just delete the story by going to your profile page and clicking the "delete" link next to the story title in your "Recently Created" box.
- First, type your story using a text editor that supports non-English characters.
- Next, paste your story into the Quibblo story text box, but give the story a title with at least one English character.
- Click "Preview My Story" and then "Create My Story."
- How do I add images to my quiz or story?
- You currently have the option to add an image to the title of any of your quizzes or stories. If you are creating a personality test, you also have the option of uploading an image for each possible result. Just click on the button to add an image, choose the image from your hard drive and save it. You will have a chance to preview your image and change it if necessary. If you have trouble uploading an image, the file size could be too large. Inappropriate images that violate the terms of service will be removed.
- How do I edit a quiz?
- To edit a quiz, simply navigate to the quiz and look for the yellow bar with the "edit" link at the top of the page. Please note, that you may only edit a public quiz within 20 minutes of creating it. If you create a private quiz (by selecting "Make private (Hide from Quibblo.com lists)" under "Advanced Options" in the quiz "Settings"), you can edit the quiz until you're ready to publish it, as long as you have fewer than 10 responses. Editing a quiz will clear all existing responses.
- How do I edit a story?
- To edit a story, simply navigate to the item and look for the yellow bar with the "edit" link at the top of the page. You can edit a story at any time. The author of each chapter can also edit that chapter.
- Can I make my quiz or story private?
- Yes. In your quiz or story "Settings," check the box "Make private (Hide from Quibblo.com lists)" under "Advanced Options." You can still send out invitations but only users with the web address of your quiz or story will be able to find it.
- I started writing a story but now I can't find it. Where should I look?
- To find your draft stories, click on the "__ saved drafts" link to the right of the "Recently Created" subhead on your profile page.
- How do I delete a quiz or story?
- To delete a quiz or story, navigate to your profile page, and next to each quiz or story in your "Recently Created" list is a delete link.
- How can I tell who has taken my quiz or read my story?
- We do not currently show a list of users that have taken a specific quiz or read a specific story.
- How do I re-take a quiz I've already taken?
- Once you take a quiz, your results are saved. Unless it's a personality quiz, you can't take that quiz again.
- How can I get more people to take my quiz?
- Why don't you share your quizzes with your Quibblo friends? After you make a quiz, you can select friends from your list and send them a quiz invitation, following the instructions at the bottom of the page. Or, if you have friends outside of Quibblo, you can simply send them the url of your quiz.
- How do I post my quiz on my site?
- Each quiz has a widget that you can post on your blog or site. Go to the "Post" box on the right-hand side, where you can grab code to paste into your blog, website, or social network profile. Depending on where you want to put the quiz, you may even be able to enter your login info and post it directly to your page without leaving Quibblo.
- I receive so many quiz and story notifications! What can I do about that?
- Go to your profile page and click on "Edit My Profile" in the left navigation. Then, click the "Notification Options" link in the center section and change the notification frequency to "Once a day" or "Once a week."
- How can I edit my profile?
- To edit your profile, log into your Quibblo account, and click on "My Profile" at the top of the page. Once on your profile page, look for the "Edit My Profile" link under your profile image. From the edit screen, you will be able to change and update your profile information.
- My age is wrong! How do I fix it?
- Your age is locked in when you register. It's based on the year you selected as your birth year when you registered and cannot be changed.
- How can I delete my account?
- You want to what???? Well, if you MUST leave us, you can delete your account by going to your Profile page, clicking the "Edit Profile" button, and then clicking the "Delete my account" link at the bottom of the page. Many members come back to us within a few days and ask us to reactivate their deleted accounts. Why not save us all the extra work by simply taking a break from Quibblo for a few days rather than deleting your account?
- I want to create a new account, but it says there is already an account for this email address.
- When you create an account you can only use one username per email. Even when you delete your account, your email is saved in our database. If you want a new account, you should use another email. We can reactivate your account if you contact us with the following information:Username
- How do I add an image to my profile?
- To upload a profile photo and give your profile some personality, go to your profile page, and click the "Upload My Profile Image" link. If you wish to change your existing profile image, go to the same place, and look for the "Update My Profile Image" link. (Note: You cannot upload images if you are using Quibblo on a mobile device.)
- Can I customize my profile page background?
- Yes you can! You can access our free profile themes by going to your profile page, and clicking the "Theme My Profile" link. Select a theme to apply it to your profile, or make your own theme! Look out for more themes as we make them.
- How do I add friends?
- To get new friends on Quibblo, you should send members friend requests. A "Send Friend Request" link can be found on the right side of all quizzes and stories (in the "Created by" box), as well as on the left side of each member's profile page, beneath their profile image.Here are some ideas for you to get more friends:
- Check out Featured Members on the bottom right of the home page and send them friend requests.
- Use the search box to search for things you like, change the "Recency" to "week," and check out the users that have recently posted quizzes/stories about topics you like. Send friend requests to the creators.
- Check out the top 12 friends of each of your friends. If you've chosen your friends well, you'll probably like their friends too.
- Promote your quizzes and stories on any other site of which you are a member. Your friends may then join Quibblo and you can send them friend requests as well.
- How can I message other users?
- To message other users on Quibblo, simply click on their username, which will take you to their profile. From there, click the "Send Message" button and start communicating with other members!
- How do I accept Friend Requests?
- Just go to your Messages/Inbox and look under the "Requests" tab. Make sure you click on the words "Friend Request" in the email. Then you can choose to "Accept" or "Reject."
- Is Quibblo free?
- Yes! Quibblo is free.
- Who can join Quibblo?
- Anyone age 18 or older with a valid email address can join Quibblo. We cannot legally allow children under the age of 18 to create or maintain memberships with us.
- Who is the Quibblo user named "Quibblo"?
- He is the "face" of Quibblo.com. New users receive a welcome message from him. Every new user is Quibblo's friend automatically. Users who violate the terms of service may receive a warning from him. Quibblo can receive messages just like any other user. Quibblo may reply to certain messages sent to him, although it may not always be possible for Quibblo to read all of his mail. Check out Quibblo's profile page for his comments on upcoming contests or site enhancements.
- What do I do if another Quibblo user writes something inappropriate?
- If another user's quiz or comment contains offensive or adult language, you can report it as offensive, and it will be reviewed by the Quibblo staff. (Click the "report" link next to a comment or the "Report this quiz as offensive" link at the very bottom of the page.) If another user sends you inappropriate or unwanted Quibblo messages, you can choose to block this user, which means they will no longer be able to send you messages. In any of the user's messages to you, click the "Block messages from..." link. You can also delete comments this user has left on your profile page.
- How do I "unblock" a user?
- You can unblock a user at any time by clicking on the "My Profile" tab and then clicking on the "Friends" subnavigation link. You should see a link to users you've blocked at the top of your Friends box.
- How do I become a featured member?
- Each day, we feature a member on the right side of the home page. Featured members are selected based on the quality of their quizzes and stories, their positive activity on the site, and their adherence to the Quibblo Qustoms. We don't make selections based on user recommendations.
- I tried to create an account but haven't received a confirmation email. What should I do?
- Please check your spam or junk mail folder for our email confirmation. If you still can't find it, email us with the username you created and we'll send you a confirmation link.
- I'm having trouble logging in. What should I do?
- Try clearing your browser's cache or try to login with another browser or another computer. If you're on an iPod, iPad, or iPhone, you may need to restart your device or even do a hard reset occasionally. Here's how.
- How do I clear my browser's cache?
- Often, clearing the browser's cache, then closing and reopening the browser will fix many issues. Here's how to clear your cache in the most popular browsers.Chrome:
Click on the "Customize" icon to the right of the address bar, then click on "Settings." Click on "History" and then "Clear browsing data..." Click the "Clear browsing data" button.Firefox:
Make sure the Menu Bar is visible. (If not, right-click in the top menu area and choose "Menu Bar.") Click on "Tools" and then "Options." In the Options window, click on "Advanced" in the top navigation, then the "Network" tab. Under "Cached Web Content," click the "Clear Now" button. Click "OK" to close the Options window.Safari:
In the top navigation, click on "Safari" and then "Empty Cache..." Click the "Empty" button.Internet Explorer:
For Internet Explorer 9, click on the gear symbol, then "Safety," then "Delete browsing history..." For Internet Explorer 7 and 8, click on "Tools" in the top navigation, then "Delete browsing history..." For all versions of Internet Explorer, make sure "Temporary Internet files" is checked and then click "Delete."Mobile Devices:
For Apple devices, go under "Settings" and click on "Safari." Then click on "Clear Cookies and Data."If the above instructions don't quite work for your particular browser, you might find help here: http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache