World of Warcraft holds the record for the most-subscribed MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) ever. In early 2014, Blizzard announced that more than 100 million acounts had been created since the game's inception in the game's lifetime. WoW was released in November 2004, the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise.
What WoW Class Are You?
We have tons of quizzes that will answer: What Wow Class Am I?
There are 12 WoW Legion Classes, and each has unique specializations reflecting their different roles and abilities.
- Death Knight: This class engages foes up-close, using swings of their weapons and dark magic to damage their enemies. They engage in one-on-one conflicts Death knights can call forth power from runes to keep their enemies from getting away. They are the hero class in Wrath of the Lich King.
- Demon Hunter: Demon Hunters use their speed, in place of heavy armor, to strike their enemies with on-handed weapons. They must also use their agility to avoid enemy attacks. Demon hunters are the hero class in Legion.
- Druid: Druids use the powers of nature to protect life and keep balance. Experienced druids can use nature's raw energy against their enemies, raining fury on them from a distance - using vines or cyclones.
- Hunter: Hunters are adventurers who have survived the unforgiving primal world outside. They are able to able to avoid ghosts in the forests and lay traps in the paths of their enemies.
- Mage: Mages have a keen intellect and discipline. Only the most devoted and qualified magi get to use the magic available to them. Magi use only cloth armor to avoid interference with spell casting. Magi can summon sudden bursts of fire to burn their enemies, even groups of them, from a distance.
- Monk: Monks were forced to learn weaponless combat and how to harness their chi, because they were restricted by their slave masters. When the window for a revolution appeared, they were well-trained and ready to fight their oppressors.
- Paladin: Protecting the weak, delivering justice and eliminating evil are the callings of the paladin. They are equipped with plate armor to fight even the toughest enemies. They can also use light to heal and in some cases even restore life to the dead.
- Priest: Priests use the spiritual realm and faith to serve the people. They support their allies in war-torn areas. Even during terrible fights and conflicts, no one question the values of the priestly order.
- Rogue: Rogues aren't held back by a conscience, they use brutal and effective tactics. They are stealthy and lethal assassins, able to approach and take out their enemies and escape before anyone could notice.
- Shaman: Shamans are spiritual, but not to the divine, to the world's elements. The elements are, by nature, chaotic which often levels them raging against each other. The shaman must balance this chaos and use the elements to support their allies and punish their enemies.
- Warlock: Warlock's goal is to achieve dominance. They find success using dark arts like casting spells and summoning demonic minions. As they gain knowledge they are able to summon even more powerful characters to help them in battle.
- Warrior: Warriors have achieved mastery of battle. They combine knowledge and leadership with great strength to thrive in conflict. Some are protectors, using shields to hold off enemies, while others unleash their rage in close combat.
A hero class is a character class that is derived from the base classes, but has additional perks. These perks include a higher starting level, better starting gear, special abilities and class mounts.
- Death Knight: Death Knights are the original hero class, and were released with Wrath of the Lich King. Death knights' special features are: starting at level 55, quickly get a set of rare gear in their starting area, the ability to enchant their own weapons and exclusive access to special mounts.
- Demon Hunter: Demon hunter is the second hero class introduced in World of Warcraft, and started in the Legion expansion. Demon hunters are armor-wearing and fulfill DPS and tanking roles, and defeat enemies with one-handed weapons and magical abilities.
Which WoW Faction & Race Are You?
The Alliance-Horde war is the intercontinental war which acts as one of the main drivers behind the plot of World of Warcraft. Each faction is made of of seven different races.
"You are a proud member of the Alliance. Together with your brothers and sisters of the civilized races, you represent out world's only hope for survival. Stand fast, and fight with honor until your last breath gives out. You wear the golden lion of the Alliance, and these colors don't run."
You tend to favor wisdom over brute strength, and discipline over power. You are less likely to have to overthrow those appointed over you, and more likely to obey them. You also tend to be calmer than those like the Horde.
- Night Elf
"I'll tell ya what de Horde is. De Horde that me an' Thrall built. It be a family. When de whole world try ta put us down, da family come an' pick us back up." -Warchief Vol'jin
You favor raw power and cruel punishment over wisdom and meditation, but are fiercely loyal to your cause. You are also stronger and liked more than those like the Alliance.
- Blood Elf
WoW Expansion Packs
Blizzard, which first released expansions to its games during the Warcraft series, has released six WoW expansions.
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
Release date: January 16, 2007
PC Gamer Rating: 88%
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King
Release date: November 13, 2008
PC Gamer Rating: 93%
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
Release date: December 7, 2010
PC Gamer Rating: 93%
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
Release date: September 25, 2012
PC Gamer Rating: 82%
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Release date: November 13, 2014
PC Gamer Rating: 90%
World of Warcraft: Legion
Release Date: August 30, 2016
PC Gamer Rating: 90%
Legion is the most recent expansion set in World of Warcraft. It was announced by Blizzard at Gamescom in August 2015.