A Great Vacation Country That You Might Not Know Exist

A Great Vacation Country That You Might Not Know Exist

If you are reading this article then chances are that you want to get out of your regular life and want to go and relax for a little bit, or you just got married and want to go on your honeymoon. If you have a condition that matches the above reasons or just want to go on a vacation than this is the article for you.

Chapter 1

A Great Vacation Country That You Might Not Know Exist

by: zemras

Currently, there are around 195 countries in the world but the countries that people visit for tourism are astonishingly lower than that, so there are chances that you are missing some of the best vacation places that you might never know of.

Today we are going to be talking about one of those countries, Barbados. Barbados is an island country in the Lesser Antilles of the West Indies, in the Caribbean. And we are going to be showing you a few things you are missing by not visiting Barbados for your next vacation.

 

The Sea and the Beaches

As you know that Barbados is an island in the Caribbean. So there are bound to be more than a few beaches for you to visit. Barbados has more than 15 beach sites that you can visit today. So if you need a tan after being at your home for the past couple of months, Barbados is the place, and yes there is a Barbados reopening ceremony that you can visit as well.

Not only the beaches, but Barbados also is on the Caribbean, so there is a lot of coral reefs and marine sanctuaries that you can visit in submarines. What better way to encounter the beauty of the ocean while staying dry and comfortable at the same time.

 

The History

Barbados is not like any other island filled only with beaches and resorts. There are a significant number of museums, plantations, and other historical artifacts that tell you the history of Barbados itself. So once you are done getting a tan, then you might want to head onto one of those historic sites to indulge in some history lessons first hand.

The history of the island goes even further than 1751 when the future first U.S. President George Washington visited with his brother when he was 19, the property that they stayed in is now a UNESCO protected site and visitors from all around the world are welcome to visit. Besides that, there are multiple museums and other historic locations that you can visit and learn about the history of the island.

 

Botanical Gardens and Island Safaris

It is a well-known fact that the sub-tropical environment is ideal for plants and animals, and since Barbados is in the Caribbean, it is filled with different forest and gardens that act as a sanctuary for both the plants and the wildlife, which you can obviously visit and take in its beauty.

There are multiple parks and gardens on the island of Barbados and all those parks are open for tourists from all around the world. And to see the size of the forest in Barbados, just google it, and you will see that almost 80 % of the entire island is filled with plantations and the rest 20 % are the beaches.

 

The Rum

If you have seen the pirates of the Caribbean, the one thing that those pirates are fond of is their rum. The small island of Barbados is known for its rum. The island is so famous that there are more than 3 rum distilleries on this island alone. Visitors are welcome to take a tour of those distilleries and maybe take some bottles with them back home.

But if you are not a rum type of person Barbados also has a chocolate factory where you can visit and take a few mouthfuls of chocolate to quench that thirst. 

0 Comments

No comments yet!

© 2020 Polarity Technologies
X
X

Invite Next Author

Write a short message (optional)

or via Email

Enter Quibblo Username

X

Report This Content