Insight To The Female Mind
Tips and instructions for guys, things I think they ought to know. If any girls have some things they'd like to add, let me know and you can do your own chapter, or just put it in the comments.
***Note to the guys-**This does ''not'' necessarily apply exactly the same to every girl. This is simply my interpretations applied and explained as best I can so you can somewhat comprehend how our thoughts and feelings work. Comprende? Very good. (:
2. We tease you because we love you. If we didn't tease you, you should worry.
3. A way to know we like you is if we talk a lot or giggle around you.
4. We "screech" when we see our best friends because we love them like sisters of brothers, and sometimes we have things we want to tell them and are so worked up about it we just can't hold it in.
5. We talk because we over-analyze things.
6. We over-analyze things because we want to understand. Girls don't like being confused or left in the dark. We DO occasionally like a little mystery in a guy, but not so much that he never tells us anything.
7. If we ignore you, we over-analyzed something about you and are peeved off about it. Don't bother trying to figure it out--it's probably something that only makes sense in the girls' head. Just hold us and apologize, and we will move on.
8. The main reason we fall for a guy is because of his eyes and the way they look at us.
9. When we cry, we're not being weak. Please don't judge us--we're just stressed and trying to express ourselves. Don't try to make us stop--just hold us and wait it out, and we will love you all the more for it.
10. When you make a girl mad, ''we remember it.'' If you want us to forgive you, you have to mean it with all your heart and soul, or it will mean nothing for most girls.
11. We like a guy to be himself around us. If he's hanging out with his friends and we walk up, we don't want him to act like a different person. We like him for HIM, or he's just pretending to be who he thinks we want him to be, and the whole relationship is a lie. So guys, act natural. We'll still love you. (:
12. Know that we're too shy to make the first move. Don't be afraid to hold our hands or hug and kiss us, because if you are, it means you don't care enough and it will never happen.
13. Don't push us on things we don't want to do. All it results in is unnecessary arguments and tension, and we become more opposed to it the harder you try to push it.
14. Don't ever pressure a girl about s''e''x. We'll do it if and when we're ready, and if you push it, it goes bad (see #13) for the whole relationship.
15. We like guys to be able to have fun, but we also want them to be serious about things that are important to us as well.
16. If you don't make a commitment to us, we interpret that it means you don't really care about us enough to take a leap of faith, and we get hurt and mad and steam about it (see #10).
17. We take what is said very seriously, even when you don't mean it, so think before you speak.
18. If you say "I love you" be prepared to tell us why you love us, because ''we will ask.''
19. Girls can be uptight, but we also know how to let our hair down every once in a while.
20. Remember girls have fragile self-esteem, so try not to tease her too much about her weight or her size in clothing. She will take it very personally, and she won't forget (see #10).
21. Understand that not all girls are strait-laced and uptight. We do know how to party, and we like to have fun when we hang out.
22. Just because we do girls' night does ''not'' mean we that we don't enjoy your company or spending time with you. It just means we like some time to spend with our girlfriends, to talk and laugh and do ''girl stuff,'' which we just can't do with guys.
23. If a girl is irked about guys' night, talk to her about it. Do ''not'', under ''any'' circumstances, ignore the issue. Explain how you need a guys' night the way we need girls' night, and she will understand. If you ignore it, the pent-up hurt and anger will eventually come out in an explosion, and you will regret not addressing the issue.
24. Even though we will often say guys are idiots, it's just because we don't understand why they attack each other for fun or have belching contests. We know quite well that guys can be very intelligent.
25. If you ever see someone wearing the same clothes as your date, either pretend you don't notice the other girl, or tell your date she looks prettier. (see #20) Girls don't like wearing the same thing, because they fear being compared and being deemed the less attractive, or even just feeling she is.
26. Girls dress up because they want to be told they look gorgeous, and because they want to be the pretty one who knows they look good. We dress up to be noticed, so compliment a girl when you notice she looks nice.
27. If we goo-goo over some cute actor or singer--or anyone famous for that matter--then try not to get mad at us. We know it would most likely never happen, and we still love you. We just like looking at cute guys, the same way you enjoy looking at pretty girls.
28. If you talk to other girls and are in a relationship, we get jealous only ''because we feel threatened.'' Don't get mad, just keep your cool, tell her you care about the other girl in the same way you like her, and explain that those other girls are just friends you don't like that way--it's what we want to hear.
29. Don't worry if you can't dance. Most of us can't either, and we just make it up as we go along. Just have fun, let loose, and be yourself and we'll have fun no matter how much you step on our toes. We want you to ask us to dance, so just do it!
30. If a girl doesn't talk to you, she's probably ticked off (see #6). Don't pester her trying to figure out what you did, just let her cool off and blow off steam, and then try to explain you didn't mean to hurt her, and explain you care about her and it will most likely blow over.
31. If a girl bats her eyes at you or blushes or giggles a lot when you're around, she's trying to hint that she has a crush on you but doesn't want to day it outright. Girls hint and get irritated if you don't pick it up, so ''pay attention!''
32. If we talk too much, just tell us. If you ignore us, we get hurt and think you're mad at us.
33. Always be open with girls. If you keep secrets and we find out, we will be hurt and think you don't trust us.
34. Girls that seem "shallow" are often insecure, and just want to be told they are beautiful and be loved for who they are.
35. If you like a girl, ''ask her out.'' Never think "she's out of my league." We dress all hot and stuff to try and snag you, so take the bait! We're too shy and insecure to ask you ourselves, so just ask! 95% chance we say yes because we like you too. And even if we say no, we try to be nice about it.
36. Don't talk too much about sports, video games, or cars to us unless we are genuinely interested. Majority of the time, we don't understand a word of it. We may fake interest to spare your feelings, but we often have no idea what you're saying.
37. A girl flirts by winking, trying to talk to you a lot, or giggling. She gets hurt if a guy flirts by teasing her (see #10). So if she is flirting, think carefully about how you respond, or just ask her out to spare yourself the arguments and turmoil.
38. Girls like guys who know what they want to do with their life. (P.S., If you want to be a professional sports player or musician, have a back-up plan until that career takes off.)
39. If girls talk in "text speak" a lot, it's not because we're unintelligent or lazy. It's simply because either they're trying to be goofy, or they don't feel like spelling it out for you and want you to understand.
40. If you don't call or text a girl, she might get hurt. Even if it's just an "I miss you," text her and she will feel loved and appreciated.
41. Try not to be too suggestive or perverted around girls--to guys, it may be funny and perfectly okay. But to girls, majority of the time it's insulting, degrading, and gross.
42. Never, ever, ''ever'' stare at a girl's boobs or under her belt, she will think you're a perverted bastard.
43. Girls like being hugged and told they're loved/friends. Even if we know it, sometimes it's still just nice to hear it.
44. If a girl is being unusually quiet, she's probably upset. If this occurs, try talking to her--she most likely wants to talk about her problems, but may feel they don't matter or doesn't know if she can confide in you.
45. Girls like a shoulder to cry on when they're upset.
46. If a girl doesn't want to talk, don't pry or pressure her. Be understanding and just be there for her, and she'll open up if and when she's ready, and she'll love you all the more for being so understanding.
47. Different girls have different needs, so don't try to shove us all in one category. We like it when a guy understands that we are unique individuals, and we love it when he treats us like we, personally, have thoughts and feelings that are important.
48. Remember that girls are human too. Even the most confident girl wavers, so don't have too high expectations. We cry, we get scared, we fight with friends and parents. We have to eat, we do sports, we have likes and dislikes.
49. If you don't know how to talk to a girl, ask her about what she likes. Even if you're not remotely interested in it, it's a good ice-breaker and she'll feel appreciated and like having the chance to talk. Then relate it to yourself and go on from there.
50. Never, ever, ''ever'' ask a girl about her weight. It is a taboo subject that only we, our doctor, and our closest friends are allowed to know. If we want to tell you. If not, don't ask. Just don't.